[Ardour-Users] building ardour 3 on macOSX ?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Jan 14 19:28:53 PST 2011

On 01/15/2011 03:41 AM, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 01/14/2011 04:01 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:
>>>
>>> You are the first person I have heard report this.  EVERYONE else I
>>> know of, and I suspect you are the only person I didn't know of(There
>>> are very few of us), that has built Ardour on OS X, transport was not
>>> working IIRC.  Very glad to hear it is working for you, now I need to
>>> figure out what the difference is.
>>
>> I did a new OSX build just now and the transport does not roll any more!
>>
>> It guess it is very arduous (pun intended) to compare diffs from r8082
>> to r8505 and figure out what makes the difference..
>>

> Internal transport is actually also broken with r8505!
> I did not notice that before because the transport actually works under
> the following conditions:
>    * use JACK transport
> or with internal transport:
>    * import some audio-file first

The problem seems to be that
  Preferences->Transport->Stop at end of session
is enabled by default on OSX.  Since there are no
session start/end markers in a new session (or they're both 0) transport
does not roll.

The Markers are created when importing a file or doing a recording after
which the internal transport works here.