[Ardour-Users] building ardour 3 on macOSX ?

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 08:53:21 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
> GTK works with 64bit (though I needed to compile it separately and
> 'lipo' the dylibs together manually).  GTKmm failed. IIRC mostly issues
> with typecasting void* pointers.

Yea I was able to get everything compiled 64 bit IIRC, because I was
actually able to compile Ardour 64 bit.  But I don't remember the
specifics, that was nearly a year ago now so who knows what changed.

> I did not know you guys were involved deeply in GTK development as well.
> Amazing. Keep up the good work.

I am not in any way shape or form involved with GTK development.  Paul
has been, but the patches I was referring to are the ones I gave him
for Ardour and its build system to build Ardour on OS X.

Out of curiosity, what WAF flags did you use to compile the version of
Ardour you have, and not that it should make a difference, but did you
patch it with Paul's patches or no?

    Seablade