[Ardour-Users] RME Totalmix on a macbook pro

Stef stephane.bachelier at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 06:25:23 PST 2011

>>  I started first with the utility RME provides (Fireface USB Setting) to
> just set
> the frequency and few other parameters. I could not get  ardour to to work
> with that.
> Just out of desperation I tried using totalmix.
> A few months back I had an apogee duet for a few days and it worked fine
> with ardour.
> It is beyond me why I can not get babyface to work with this time.
> Apparently, ardour (jack) sees all the inputs and outputs from babyface but
> none of them is getting the signal into ardour.
> RME instruction manual is not the most useful so I am not sure what to do
> at this point.

I have a RME FF800 and it works fine with ardour.
You can change frequency from the Fireface Settings application. But you
should use the same frequency in you project.

Totalmix will help you only if you have specifics needs. It should work out
of the box.

I do not have my FF800 in front of me. I can take a look tomorrow morning
but it is possible that FF800 and babyface do not share the same setup.

Stef