[Ardour-Users] RME Totalmix on a macbook pro

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Feb 27 05:35:57 PST 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 3:10 AM, Zoran Spasojevic <nature at timeprints.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I recently got an RME babyface which I want to use with a relatively new
> macbook pro to record with ardour.
> I am having hellish time getting any signal out of the Totalmix and into
> ardour for recording.
> If anyone has had good experience with Totalmix and ardour on a macbook
> pro, please help.

totalmix is a control application for the RME audio interface. audio
doesn't from from totalmix - that's just there to set the matrix mixer
- it comes from the hardware.

the default (bootup) configuration of the babyface should be perfectly
fine to record and playback using any OS X app, including ardour. is
there as reason you started trying to use totalmix to modify things?