[Ardour-Users] input gain?

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Mon Feb 14 01:06:19 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe at d.umn.edu> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've read in a web posting that said that ardour 0.99.3 did not have
> an input gain. Is that still the case 2.8.11?

Can you be more specific on what you mean by "input gain"?

-If you want to apply a global gain on a track before effects, you can add
an amplifier plugin on the track before those effects. **
-If you want automation-like control of gain on regions, you can draw a gain
curve on the region with the gain tool.
-You can also change the global gain settings of a region with normalize or
cut/boost the region gain.

Does this help?

 Sampo