[Ardour-Users] jack and exporting

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Fri Feb 18 08:29:06 PST 2011

Greetings,

I've noticed that while exporting a region in ardour, the sound from
jack (using xine to watch a movie) cuts out (mutes?)
The sound is working up until I press the "okay" button and returns
after the export is done.

Is that expected?

Time line looks like:

start jack
start xine (watch movie, sound works, going through jack.)
start ardour
create range, right-click choose export, and export dialog comes up.
choose export settings and press, 'ok' (sound from movie cuts out or mutes.)
export finishes and sound returns immediately.

I am running Debian Sid and Ardour 2.8.11.

Thanks for the help.

-matt zagrabelny