[Ardour-Users] split at markers

Steve Folta steve at folta.net
Sun Sep 19 15:05:32 PDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> don't bother with that. make the edit point the playhead. then listen
> to it and instead of dropping markers, hit "s" as you hit the mark
> points. selected regions will be split at the playhead. then proceed
> from there.

If you already have the markers (or just prefer to keep working that
way), you can speed up the splitting process.  In the Keybindings
window, under the "Editor" section, assign keys for "Jump Forward to
Mark" and "Jump Backward to Mark".  I use "," for backward and "." for
forward ('cause they're the keys with "<" and ">" on them).  Then you
can move from mark to mark instantly -- just keep hitting the "," and
"s" keys until you're done.  (I think there are default keybindings
for those actions, but they use modifier keys.)