[Ardour-Users] Good plugins, Re: Hm...

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Sep 2 07:41:18 PDT 2010

On Tuesday, August 31, 2010 08:06:57 pm Paul Winkler wrote:
> I would be really curious which plugins you use a lot, and what gear
> they replaced. Always on the lookout for good plugins!

The CAPS suite has good sound, on the OSS side of the house.

On the commercial side, I've been having lots of fun with iZotope's Alloy, Ozone, and Spectron products; Ozone has possibly the only plate reverb I've found that sounds better than the CAPS one.  I'm using Mixbus on OS X, so I have the AudioUnit versions, but they are also available as VST's.  No LADSPA, sorry.

Ozone, billed as a mastering plugin, makes a killer acoustic guitar and direct-in electric bass processing stack.  No knobs; it's all graphical and visual, and works the way I expect.