[Ardour-Users] Drum Replacement

Brett Clark brett.clark at zirous.com
Wed Sep 1 12:49:43 PDT 2010

I tried a side-chain a long time ago (i think it was Ardour version 0.99)
and i couldnt get it to work so i had to pipe it to outboard gear.  Im still
not sure Ardour handles plugins with more inputs than outputs, so i would
try the following (and this is only an initial guess):

1) Add the SC to jackrack
2) Put a 'send' on your trigger track for the compression (kick drum?)
3) Put an 'insert' on the track you want compressed
4) Use jack 'connections' to wire the 'send' to the trigger on the SC and
the 'inserts' to the Ardour audio track.

Again, this is just guess work on my part.  Hopefully someone else can chime
in with real world experience and a solution on doing this.  But, just in
case nobody else does, i figured id toss this idea out there.

--Brett

**