[Ardour-Users] Aligning recording with existing material

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Oct 25 05:41:58 PDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Per Sigmond <per at sigmond.no> wrote:
> I have RME and the setting is "Audio hardware does minitoring".
>
> As I just said in a posting (sent 5 seconds before your answer came in) I
> found after some more testing that ardour 2.8.6 actually works perfectly while
> 2.8.9 (and later) is misaligned.

the monitoring setting is actually irrelevant.

there have been a few reports of this issue over the last couple of
months. i'd like to put some time into it, particularly because you've
established that 2.8.6 works presumably with *exactly* the same set of
steps. Its a bit tricky because of other committments right now, and
the fact that in the past whenever I dig into this it turns out to be
user error. In this case, I suspect its not that. There were some
commits that specifically affected this stuff between 2.8.6 and 2.8.11
and so in theory it should just be some triangulation of which ones
caused the breakage. However, those changes were done for real
reasons, so it will then be necessary to reconcile when they work
versus when they break ...

--p