[Ardour-Users] control channels

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri Nov 12 09:44:11 PST 2010

I did an overdub session for a song and added 2 mono 12string tracks.  After
recording, I panned them left and right, but my export sounded odd, so I
sat back down and found something amiss.  Even if I set the panner hard left,
I still have sound coming out of the right speaker.  It's less, but it's
still there.  The meters for the track show that I'm cutting the signal to
one of the channels, and that's reflected in my master bus, but the
monitor bus, which *should* simply have the master bus channels as its input,
actually had 10 channels as input instead of 2.  Eight of these were
[control] channels.  I neither understand nor desire these channels.

Where do they come from, and how can I keep them from being created in
the future?  Thanks!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com