[Ardour-Users] click free editing and zero crossings?

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 20 13:06:54 PDT 2010

On 20 May 2010, at 20:09, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Breathes, fret noise, valve noise are existentially and in addition there's nothing wrong with slips (is this the correct word for little mistakes?)!

Absolutely!!  One of the best albums I ever bought was a Jazz piano duet between Count Basie and Oscar Peterson.  Count Basie must have been well into his seventies when it was recorded and naturally, his playing is starting to get a bit flaky.  In fact, you can hear places where Oscar Peterson (obviously much younger)  is having to try really hard to cover for Count Basie with his own inimitable brand of improvisation.  It's a studio production but the album must have been recorded more or less in one take because what they played is what you get - warts and all..!!  And yet it's a hugely enjoyable album to listen to.  Unfortunately, I accidentally left it in my last car when I sold it !!!

I wish I could remember what it was called....  :-(

John