[Ardour-Users] Auditing individual takes, in context

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Fri Mar 12 21:46:56 PST 2010

I've just recorded a ton of takes of a part, nondestructively, all on the same track. Now I have to make sense of this.

Is there a way to listen to each take (region) separately, in context, not just auditing the region by itself, but along with all the other tracks in the mix?

In other words, on track X, I have a ton of overlapping takes, and I want to listen to each of them, alone, but also want to hear everything else on all the other tracks. So in a sense I want to solo a region WITHIN a track, while hearing all the other tracks too.

Is there any way to do this? If not, what's the workaraound?

-ken