[Ardour-Users] Crossfade "assembly" editor

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 22:21:07 PDT 2010

Ben Loftis wrote:

> The code is neatly self-contained; a motivated person could easily
> re-apply it to A2 or A3.  It is a separate dialog in addition to the
> existing crossfade editor.  You click either  "crossfade edit" or
> "assembly edit" to choose between the dialogs.
>
> There were some performance issues and a few tricky corner cases that
> need to be ironed out before it is ready for release.  You'd also want
> to add the "jump to next edit" function as you mentioned in another
> message.  Anyone who is interested in the code, please send me a note.
> We're not developing it at the moment but it would make a nice addition
> to the codebase.

I would be interested in looking, I've just gone back to studying (Mathematics
and Computing, after a 30 year 'break'!) and I'm going more into development and
programming, I wouldn't promise anything re results, at least for a while, but
would like to try it on an old version of Ardour, and it might prove an
interesting learning exercise to look into it and try some changes and how it
might be updated.

Simon