[Ardour-Users] automatically splitting region isolatinge silence??

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 10:02:25 PDT 2010

Hello, I've got several hours of a recorded speech that was streamed
on the internet. The problem is the connection wasn't optimal, and
there are many places, here and there, where there are interruptions.
It's like if little pieces of 1~5 seconds of silence were inserted
randomly.

What I'm doing is I'm splitting the region, deleting the silence part,
and overlaying the remaining two regions. As you can guess, it's quite
tedious, mainly because I have to actually listen to the whole speech
to find the "broken" parts.

Any tips on using some level of automation in this?

Quality is not a concern here, I just want the speech to be
comprehensible.

A nice thing would be to split automatically the region isolating the
silence parts (which I think are *totally* silent), then I would just
have to listen to these parts and if it's indeed a broken part (and
not just a pause in the speech) manually delete it. It would allready
be quite an improvement.

BTW I'm quite a novice in Ardour

thanks for any help,
renato