[Ardour-Users] Painful importing WAV files with constant crashing/segfaulting

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed Jan 27 12:50:23 PST 2010

On 01/27/2010 09:38 PM, Ken Restivo wrote:

> I ran it with autosave off, and it still exploded on me during
> imports, like a trick cigar.
>
> So far, absolutely nothing seems to help.
>
> I'd still love a way to do this whole import business via a
> command-line script to build an *ardour XML file manually and
> populate the interchange/audiofiles directory, bypassing Ardour's UI
> and not-likely-ever-to-be-fixed buggy import code completely. The
> next session will be in a week or two.

i'll be giving an ambisonics workshop in march, where i will have to
import several hefty chunks of multichannel audio contributed by
participants, while the crowd is watching. looks like i won't be getting
much sleep in the near future.

will try and get them to submit their data in advance - that lets me
sleep and maybe some evidence pops up while i'm importing the stuff...

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

Audio engineer

Lortzingstr. 11, D-45128 Essen, Germany