[Ardour-Users] autoconnect to alsa fails, export disconnects ardour from jack

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Jan 27 03:42:06 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:37 AM, Hein Zelle <hein at icce.rug.nl> wrote:

when reporting problems with Ardour you should always state the
version, the platform (linux, distro / OS X, version), and version of
JACK.

> - When exporting to audiofile, ardour complains that it couldn't keep
>  up and the connection to jack was (verifiably) lost.  Sometimes I
>  can reconnect, sometimes I need to reset jack + the audio
>  interface.  Anything I can do to prevent that?

what version of JACK? Export uses JACK "freewheeling" mode and there
are no time limits or constraints when in this mode. No client should
ever be disconnected while JACK is in this mode.

> - I'm still reading through the manual, but haven't found the answer
>  yet.  When exporting to audio file, Ardour seems to use the "end"
>  marker as the point to stop exporting.  I've tried to move that
>  manually, but it appears to get reset automatically.

Reset when?