[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Ross Johnson Ross.Johnson at homemail.com.au
Tue Jan 26 13:48:37 PST 2010

John Rigg wrote:
> This kind of incident is every live sound engineer's nightmare,
> and the reason why I keep banging on about reliability of equipment.

No one has yet mentioned the latency inherent in digital systems for
live use and particularly stage monitoring systems. Clearly it's not a
problem in industrial strength systems or with the higher sampling rates
and faster processors. Or do musicians just learn to play with it?

I own an O2R that I used early in it's life for live FOH plus foldback
and I once had a drummer ask during sound check if I knew where the
delay was coming from that he was hearing/feeling as he whacked his
snare drum.