[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 26 04:23:30 PST 2010

John Rigg wrote:
> The real deal killer with a mouse is that it can only do one thing
> at a time. It's very common when mixing live sound to alter
> several controls at once, but you can't do that with a mouse.

You are right. I now remember some issues I had.

A digital mixer with motorized faders, 24 channels, but just 16 faders
etc., I needed to push a button, than I had access to the channels 1-16,
resp. 17-24.

Another issue was, that e.g. aux send potentiometers were not motorized
potentiometers, but wheels, so in addition there was the need to look to
the display.

A home recording situation: While playing the guitar it's sometimes
possible to do some quick changes at the mixing console, when having a
complete mixer, but using such a digital mixer I couldn't play guitar
and manage the mixer at the same time.

Cheers,
Ralf