[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 15:34:12 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 05:05:08PM -0500, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 4:52 PM, John Rigg <au at jrigg.co.uk> wrote:
> > Allen & Heath have already done it with the iLive series.
> >
> Close but not quite.  The iLive consoles run on COS, not Linux.

Hmm, I based that on this comment from Michael Palmer, A&H national
sales manager for USA: "the Allen & Heath iLive uses Linux as its operating
system"
It's near the bottom of this linked page:
http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?t=msg&th=34589/0/

> The XL8 however from Midas, does run on Linux IIRC.

Indeed.

> Most digital consoles these days are moving more towards control surface to
> a processing rack(Digi, PM5d, iLive) than integrated console(Like an LS9 or
> M7CL)

Most of the ones I see are still the self contained type, but I wouldn't be
surprised if more manufacturers move towards separate processing racks. The
important part for the end user is the control surface.

John