[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 14:57:18 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 2:36 PM, John Rigg <au at jrigg.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 02:04:20PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>> You're more in touch with this than I am. I'm only presenting an idea
>> for some industrious individual who wants to help Paul make some money
>> could do. There are a lot of small Linux boxes now - 2"x6"x6" - Mac
>> mini sized. If you found one with 1394 then possibly you could set up
>> a small system for specific types of bands. It's just an idea that
>> popped into my head looking at the SAWStudio site.
>>
>> I just don't think it pays to be too negative, as well as being realistic.
>
> Mark, sorry if I came across as sounding negative. That wasn't my intention.
> I was just giving my point of view as a potential user of such things.
> It would be great if someone could develop an Ardour based system for
> live use, but it needs to take some things into account that aren't important
> in the studio. Just trying to put that in perspective :-)
>
> John

No! Not *too* negative. Just negative enough! ;-)

Anyway, it's fun to talk. I figure there are so many people here. I'm
a home studio guy. You work pro. Other guys play live - rock, jazz,
country. There are so many perspectives and there are LOTS of
lurkers... (Hi Digi folks from an ex-ProTool'er...)  Who knows where a
conversation like this might lead?

Anyway, I was thinking the SAWStudio guys aren't stupid so they seem
to think there's a proddut in this area, and from what I saw all they
had over Ardour was a name and a marketing channel. Just an idea.

Again, I took no offense to anything you said.

Cheers,
Mark