[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 14:36:49 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 02:04:20PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> You're more in touch with this than I am. I'm only presenting an idea
> for some industrious individual who wants to help Paul make some money
> could do. There are a lot of small Linux boxes now - 2"x6"x6" - Mac
> mini sized. If you found one with 1394 then possibly you could set up
> a small system for specific types of bands. It's just an idea that
> popped into my head looking at the SAWStudio site.
>
> I just don't think it pays to be too negative, as well as being realistic.

Mark, sorry if I came across as sounding negative. That wasn't my intention.
I was just giving my point of view as a potential user of such things.
It would be great if someone could develop an Ardour based system for
live use, but it needs to take some things into account that aren't important
in the studio. Just trying to put that in perspective :-)

John