[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Jason Russler jason.russler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:55:46 PST 2010

> 1) a windows version
> 2) MIDI sequencing

JACK makes 2 less of a problem.  And yes, a Windows version would be
my path to full adoption of Ardour which is why I was sorry I hit
send.  Shoe-horning VST into Linux seems to be what you describe it
as.  Wine only makes things half-work - activation mechanisms (such as
NI's service center) don't work at all (or only in breif windows of
CVS commits).  So you're correct in that I should quit wishing for
Ardour in my case.   I'm a Linux systems engineer at high performance
computing facility.  I just want to use Linux all the time.  The grim
reality of Linux and the VST industry standard is simply frustrating.