[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Jason.Russler at gmail.com Jason.Russler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 07:38:53 PST 2010

No doubt you're right. But for me, it's a tired, old discussion around here
- I'ma little sorry I hit "send": The major hindrance for myself is clean,
caveat-free VST/VSTi integration. I use a couple of licensed Native
Instruments products. That means Ardour for Windows in my case because of
the software activation mechanisms - though if I switched to Mac this
problem could be moot. I would kill a man for Jack/Ardour/VSTi with the
orchestral VST instruments I have to use. I have no idea how
possible/impossible it would be (both in the technical and licensing sense)
to make a VST instrument work trouble-free as a JACK client, but it would
be pure heaven.

I don't use a Mac, but if someone here has had success using Ardour with
NI's Play Instrument, any simple MIDI sequencer and video sync with JACK's
transport, I want to hear about it. I'd ditch my Windows/Sonar Producer
set-up in a second.