[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Jan 24 20:25:16 PST 2010

On 01/25/2010 03:08 PM, Thomas Vecchione wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 10:57 PM, John Emmas <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
> <mailto:johne53 at tiscali.co.uk>> wrote:

> Diverse Incomes are a good thing, however that doesn't mean that you
> should take every possible one all the time.

That is, has been and always will be the main issue blocking many of the
various options for revenue generation.

It think that John raises an important point. The experiment has been
applied and it has shown a clearly the amount of money that can be
raised from donations alone with the exisiting userbase.

If we as a community want to see ardour the product funding more
developers to work on it we have to allow for some more flexibility with
the revenue streams to increase the amount per month that is generated.
I would like to see it increased to 10k/month as that would allow Paul
to actually pay the team to get stuff done.

As Paul said, +/-50K is a meagre salary for a professional developer
with the experience that Paul and the other active members of the
development team have. It may be a reasonable wage for some people but
we have to be realistic about what we are receiving and the options that
are available for Paul if he chose not to continue working on Ardour.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd