[Ardour-Users] tax deductible Re: Ardour 2.8.5 released

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 24 13:51:44 PST 2010

John Rigg wrote:
> Studios don't spend money in order to get tax advantages

Armortisation, write down.

> PT HD is still the de facto industry standard, but for how much longer?

Because of the HD rigs I guess an equivalent for Ardour might be
something like this:

http://www.64studio.com/harrison_demo_in_cardiff

But this is business and I'm not a business man. Even bigger studios not
seldom just use Logic or Nuendo instead of PT HD rigs.

And I guess other products, e.g. http://www.indamixx.com/ should have an
interest in supporting Paul.

Btw. I only just noted "goal" and "total till now" for the donations,
while I tried to check sponsors on the homepage.