[Ardour-Users] Painful importing WAV files with constant crashing/segfaulting

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 02:29:21 PST 2010

Ken-

 Its an issue of people having time of course.  That being said I don't see
anything that jumps out at me in your backtrace.  Glancing through it I can
only guess that it was thread 1 that crashed, normally when Ardour crashes,
gdb would tell you which thread crashed, the reason, etc.  Would I expect to
get this fixed before your next PT session, probably not.

  I should also note that your backtrace should be attached to the Mantis
issue about this as well, as it does make it easier to keep track of.

          Seablade

And for the record, I highly doubt what you are seeing has anything to do
with the GUI itself, other than possibly a conflict between an autosave
running at the same time as importing other files, but even that is a
complete shot in the dark.