[Ardour-Users] "made with ardour" logo

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Thu Jan 14 06:22:14 PST 2010

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> hi thorwil, hi *!
>

> i just stumbled upon this really slick "made with ardour" logo:
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/logo-design/
>
> in fact this is something i've been looking for, cause it's way sexier
> than just a note saying "created with ardour". the problem with this
> particular logo is that it doesn't work very well when space is limited
> (such as on a cd jewel case inlay), because the fontwork that expresses
> the actual message is rather small compared to the total size, and that
> it imposes too many design constraints through its color.
>
> what i'm looking for is something that
>
> a) will advertise the fact that this product here has been created with
> ardour and other free software
> b) will look really cool and professional
> c) will scale down to ridiculously small size while still transporting
> the message
> d) will work in black and transparent, or alternatively a set of two or
> three (at most) custom-chosen colors matching whatever sleeve design i
> have to deal with (because usually clients will need to be talked into
> accepting it, so it has to blend in)
>
> needless to say it should also foster world peace, stop global warming
> and be able to make a decent cup of coffee.

here's my attempt - 99.8% is due to thorwil, but i hopefully made it
work in outline (that's the main idea).

shamelessly borrowed from the well-known cd digital audio logo
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:CompactDiscDigitalAudio-Logo.svg&filetimestamp=20061229140248
because it helps with b), c) and d).

the phrasing may sound a bit odd (why not "free audio software"?) but i
wanted to emphasize that first of all it's about professional audio. and
i wanted to keep "free software" in there so it's recognized as a kind
of brand thing...

the other colored samples are just to show that in theory you could make
it work in any color context as dictated by the sleeve design.

your comments are welcome. still working on world peace and coffee.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio), Elektrofachkraft
Audio and event engineer - Ambisonic surround recordings

http://stackingdwarves.net