[Ardour-Users] "made with ardour" logo

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Wed Jan 13 09:21:12 PST 2010

On 13 January 2010 at 13:35, <nettings at stackingdwarves.net> wrote:

> i just stumbled upon this really slick "made with ardour" logo:
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/logo-design/

Those logos Thorwil created are really superb!

> in fact this is something i've been looking for, cause it's way
> sexier than just a note saying "created with ardour". the problem
> with this particular logo is that it doesn't work very well when
> space is limited (such as on a cd jewel case inlay), because the
> fontwork that expresses the actual message is rather small compared
> to the total size, and that it imposes too many design constraints
> through its color.
>
> what i'm looking for is something that
>
> a) will advertise the fact that this product here has been created
>    with ardour and other free software
> b) will look really cool and
>    professional
> c) will scale down to ridiculously small size while
>    still transporting the message
> d) will work in black and transparent, or alternatively a set of
>    two or three (at most) custom-chosen colors matching
>    whatever sleeve design i have to deal with (because usually
>    clients will need to be talked into accepting it, so it has
>    to blend in)

In addition to "cover art", I would think a "made with <your open
source program(s)>" logo could also be used on websites, e.g.
MySpace, and in downloadable music files, e.g. MP3s.  For open
source use, I would really like to see logos licensed via the
author's choice of some combination of Creative Commons options.

Nice topic...
--
Kevin