[Ardour-Users] Ardour with Asus pc

m.eik michalke m at openmusiccontest.org
Wed Jan 6 10:50:52 PST 2010

hi john,

am Mittwoch 06 Januar 2010 (19:10) schrieb JOHN LYON:
> But does it have enough horsepower to run ardour and record audio?

i haven't tried ardour yet, specificly because of the rather small screen, but
my band sucessfully records every rehearsal on a samsung nc10 + alesis io|2
with audacity (kubuntu) for months now. the only problem we encountered yet
was volume... sometimes when we're really loud (as in "swans"), the vibrations
in the room made the program freeze (not the os... maybe some harddrive
protection mechanism jumped in, i guess). but as soon as we placed the netbook
on a slice of synthetic foam, the recordings ran in one take for 3+ hours
without any hickups.

btw, the alesis io|2 works fine with linux (plug it in & go), but i wouldn't
recommend it for midi, as it drops portions of larger messages (sysex). apart
from that i really enjoy it.

viele gruesse :: m.eik

--
::: http://OpenMusicContest.org   :: music wants to be free