[Ardour-Users] trouble connecting Saffire pro 24

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Feb 10 08:29:54 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Because of JACK1 and 2 I just want to point out that some people I know and
> I have got trouble when using JACK1 on very fast machines, but perhaps with
> chip sets or a BIOS that seems to be bad for JACK1. I don't know if this is
> a possible issue for Mac.

would you just please stop? your ill-informed "guesses" lead people to
be more confused about stuff than if you would just be quiet when you
don't know.
if you knew more, you'd know that there is no "release" of JACK1 for
OSX, and that 99% of all JACK users on OS X are using JACK2. but
instead you end up mentioning chipsets and BIOS stuff and giving
people completely the wrong idea.

> Assumedly he has forgotten to use JACK. My bad, I thought for Mac there is a
> command line too.

if there is anyone on OS X who uses it to start JACK besides the 4-5
people who occasionally hack JACK on OS X, i'd be very suprised.