[Ardour-Users] 2.8.6 Master out error

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 11:25:01 PST 2010

I'm getting a recurring error after opening new sessions with auto-connect
disabled on both outputs and inputs. When I try to manually connect
the Master outputs to system outputs 1 & 2 I get the following:

[ERROR]: AudioEngine: cannot connect ardour:master/out 1
(ardour:master/out 1) to system:playback_1 (system:playback_1)

Shutting down Ardour and starting it up again fixes it.
If the new session is started with `automatically connect outputs
to master bus' enabled, the problem doesn't occur.

This is with jack 0.116.1 on Debian 5.0.3 amd64.

Is anyone else seeing this?

John