[Ardour-Users] Automation from analog mix?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri Dec 17 08:34:13 PST 2010

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 17:21:00 +0100
David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:

> >> I was wondering: if you are recording using a mixer (and using pre-fader
> >> recording outputs), wouldn't it be feasible to record the analog mix and
> >> use echo compensation techniques for figuring out the fader settings (if
> >> we are more ambitious, equalizer settings) and pull them into the
> >> automation?

To be serious here, the reason you record using a mixer's pre-fader
outputs is because it's highly unlikely that you want the settings for
the house mix used for the recording.  The mix and EQ for the house
during a live show is very different than what you'd want for a live
recording.  I don't see this being very useful.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com