[Ardour-Users] remove track bug?
kim at anechoicmedia.com
Mon Dec 27 16:42:30 PST 2010
sorry if this has been discussed already and a known issue
but I just upgraded from Ardour 2.8.2 on Ubuntu 9.04
to Ardour 2.8.11 on Ubuntu 10.10
and have been digging out from under the weirdness of kernel changes
better known as the 'broadcom driver kernel dance'
but I digress...
I expereienced a bug in Ardour 2.8.11 which I'll describe here:
- I opened a session that I created in 2.8.2 which had 14 soundfiles -
arranged one to a track
- hence 14 tracks contained one sound file each
- I deleted all the sound files from the 14 tracks -- by selecting all
- then I imported the same 14 sound files which filled in new tracks
from #15 - 28 leaving 1-14 blank
- I then went to remove tracks by selecting tracks 1 - 14, right
clicking and selecting 'remove'
- after discovering 'remove' only removed one track at a time I removed
a couple of tracks until I tried to remove a third or fourth track when
- I repeated the behavior with the same file but did not make a new file
in 2.8.11 and test this behavior there
here is a report from the syslog after the first crash:
kim-studio kernel: [42158.248736] ardour-2.8.11: segfault at 8
ip af620da1 sp bfc7b720 error 4 in libardour_genericmidi.so[af616000+f000]
Dec 27 13:14:11 kim-studio pulseaudio: sink-input.c: Failed to
create sink input: sink is suspended.
then report from the second crash:
kim-studio kernel: [ 5821.089537] ardour-2.8.11: segfault at 37 ip
b7502b00 sp aeabaed0 error 4 in libardour.so[b7479000+298000]
More information about the Ardour-Users