[Ardour-Users] Sycnhing audios?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Dec 24 09:34:05 PST 2010

Hi,

I have a camera which will also record short videos and has a builtin
microphone.  Of course with mediocre sound quality.

I also do a take of the same using ardour and good equipment.  Now what
I'd like to batch is to exchange the low quality audio with the good
quality one.

Another challenge is that just synchronizing the audio at the start of
the track is not enough since apparently the audio sampling rate of the
camera is not all too exact.

So there is the combined task of correlating the audio tracks (the good
quality track is always longer since excess audio is easier to deal
with) and possibly using a slight time shift.  Or maybe at least get a
scale factor calculated with which one will shift the video since an
undisturbed audio seems more important.

Can ardour help with that task if I extract the lowfi audio from the
video and tell it "give me the exact correspondance from the high
quality audio"?

--
David Kastrup