[Ardour-Users] Hm...

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 09:30:39 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 05:23:21PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> writes:
>
> > Again, I ask the question: have you ever used any DAW before trying
> > Ardour?
>
> Nope, just hardware.  Shouldn't it be an advantage that my expectations
> have not been watered down already by programs worse than Ardour?

The first time I used Ardour was also the first time I had recorded
on a computer. Previously I used tape. I found Ardour intuitive enough
to be recording audio on it almost right away. Editing took a little
longer to get used to - I had to read the manual, just like I did before
I could use my Studer and Soundcraft tape machines properly.

Five years later I'm still using it.

John