[Ardour-Users] OT: recording mike recommendation

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:17:31 PDT 2010

The NT5s aren't bad SDCs for the money certainly.  What mic to
reccomend depends on the situation, but heck if we want to talk direct
competitor to the C1000 even down to looking the same, there is the
Rode M3 which I will take over the C1000 after having used it(Plus
getting 2 of them for a buck each didn't hurt;)  Heck I think the M3
costs significantly less in fact, and is more flexible in my
experience, heck I even have one sitting on a snare at the moment as I
like the sound of it in this case.

If you want more general purpose condensors, I would probably look at
the NT1, especially if I was going to do piano recording or the like
in that price range, but can also be used for vocal recording in a
pinch and a few other things(I have tossed them in crash boxes
before).  Heck Rode in general I am finding to be good buys for the
money obviously.

      Seablade