[Ardour-Users] The future?

david headon davidheadonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 07:11:03 PDT 2010

  I'm not sure why. I find similar non-functionality with the Ubuntu repos and
their 'realtime' kernel..
Longer boot times, and no discernible performance improvements...
Perhaps even worse!

> Also, I've
> always found the RT kernels provide by J.eng to be quite stable and have
> decent performance - in my experience better than any Ubuntu kernels I've
> tested, though not quite on par with Fernando's usually excellent CCRMA
> kernels.

Do you have a feeling for why this is? Is it due to the versions being
packaged or are Ubuntu doing something wrong?