[Ardour-Users] (no subject)

christian at shamanbenefit.net christian at shamanbenefit.net
Tue Aug 10 04:42:59 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: simonzwise at gmail.com
To: ardour-users at lists.ardour.org
Date: 10.08.2010 12:29:38
Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] ardour & "phoning home"

> It is actually easier to install Ardour on Linux than OSX, it is maintained in
> Debian and probably several other distributions

Well, no, that's just not true.
I'm using Debian stable and there is *NO* ardour available. Actually, the last version I've seen here was 0.99.
So, of course, if you use 'testing' or 'unstable' you can get it from apt, but using stable, the best possibility is to compile.

and Paul:
Could you please comment on the 'watermark' topic, I am very interested in clarification here.