[Ardour-Users] [

Brett Clark brett.clark at zirous.com
Fri Aug 6 07:18:15 PDT 2010

Just tossing my 2 cents in, but what if it only "phoned-home" the very first
time it was executed after an install/update and it specifically asked the
user before doing so.  For instance a dialog box saying: Is it okay to
transmit information to Paul:  Yes, No, Maybe, Kind of.

There could be a flag placed in the ardour.rc file stating the last version
reported so that if an update is made then it would know that it needs to
ask again, and it wouldnt ask upon each individual running of the program if
no updates were made.

Could that work?

--Brett

**