[Ardour-Users] (no subject)

christian at shamanbenefit.net christian at shamanbenefit.net
Fri Aug 6 05:06:04 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: nickmurtagh at gmail.com
To: paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Date: 06.08.2010 13:56:34
Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] [

> By the way, I'd disagree that users having custom kernels is quite
> common! Most users don't even know what a kernel is.

I doubt if this holds true for the average ardour user.

> And anyone capable of compiling a custom kernel is more than capable of disabling
> this feature.

This is certainly true and I am not concerned for myself.
It's just that this might be considered dubious or even problematic in countries with an ongoing and vivid discussion about personal data and its protections (cf. the remarks on German law posted on this list).