[Ardour-Users] Ardour for iPad?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Apr 2 11:37:16 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> Certainly not to replace the whole DAW in a studio. However if I was
> running Ardour on a laptop doing sound reinforcement and used it as a
> wireless controller then I could walk around the house and change
> settings back on the PC remotely. Or even in a studio where players
> were able to control their own monitor mixes, etc.

mark, you seem (to me) oddly confused.

"if i was running ardour on a laptop doing sound reinforcement and
used it as a wireless controller"

what is "it"? when you later refer to "the PC" do you mean "the
laptop" ? if "it" is the iPad, then nothing need be done already -
just establish
the MIDI connection and ardour will interact with the AC7 and other
similar controllers. if "it" is ardour or the laptop, then i'm
confused what you mean ...

the ipad is likely to function as a very nice controller, no question.
but actually using it to record/play audio? its not impossible,
certainly, but its far from clear that its a properly designed
platform for this at present.