[Ardour-Users] Ardour for iPad?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 11:25:13 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> just so we're clear .. its a control surface, not a DAW :)
>>>

>> Yeah, I know, but it's a cool thought, right? Hook it up to some two
>> channel external hardware and have fun with remote recording.
>
> that has nothing whatsoever to do with the AC7 Pro. there's barely any
> disk on the iPad, just to start with. There isn't even a USB port (you
> can get an adapter cable to "add" one).
>
>> Just a thought since you already support OS X. Why not?
>
> running stuff on iP[aod] is very different than running on OS X.
>
>> http://createdigitalmusic.com/images/2010/03/midipad_dj.jpg
>
> Ardour can probably interact quite well with either the AC7, AC7 Pro
> or MIDIPad without us doing anything.
>
> --p

Certainly not to replace the whole DAW in a studio. However if I was
running Ardour on a laptop doing sound reinforcement and used it as a
wireless controller then I could walk around the house and change
settings back on the PC remotely. Or even in a studio where players
were able to control their own monitor mixes, etc.

Just ideas for fun.

- Mark