[Ardour-Users] Ardour for iPad?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Apr 2 11:00:08 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://createdigitalmusic.com/images/2010/03/ac7pro.jpg
>>
>> just so we're clear .. its a control surface, not a DAW :)
>>

> Yeah, I know, but it's a cool thought, right? Hook it up to some two
> channel external hardware and have fun with remote recording.

that has nothing whatsoever to do with the AC7 Pro. there's barely any
disk on the iPad, just to start with. There isn't even a USB port (you
can get an adapter cable to "add" one).

> Just a thought since you already support OS X. Why not?

running stuff on iP[aod] is very different than running on OS X.

> http://createdigitalmusic.com/images/2010/03/midipad_dj.jpg

Ardour can probably interact quite well with either the AC7, AC7 Pro
or MIDIPad without us doing anything.

--p