[Ardour-Users] precision file/cursor positioning?

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Wed Sep 23 09:49:38 PDT 2009

i'm sure i've found a way to do this before, but lately i haven't been
able to work it out:

when selecting a position for an action (splitting a file, moving a
file, positioning the playhead, setting a crossfade length) i seem to
only be able to move in half-second chunks.  i'd like to be able to
select positions with more precision - for instance, if i zoom in and
position my mouse at 00:05:52:05 and hit 'S', i would like my split to
appear at that position, not at 00:05:52:00, which is what is happening
now.  i know for file positioning i can use the popup region editor, but
that doesn't help for things like splits, or fade lengths.  did i dream
finding an option somewhere that made this possible?

best,
patrick

--

|||  www.murmerings.com |||