[Ardour-Users] RT-patched kernel in Gentoo

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Sep 8 13:55:47 PDT 2009

All:

It appear that the latest kernel that includes Ingo Molnar's realtime
patches that's available in Gentoo's portage tree (rt-sources, in the
pro-audio overlay) is 2.6.16-r29.  Have any Gentoo users here rolled their
own newer kernels using a newer vanilla source tree and applied the RT
patches and other patches that a Gentoo kernel ebuild normally pulls in?
Did you run into any 'gotcha's in terms of the order in which you applied
the patches?

The firewire support seems to be much more stable and robust in newer 2.6
kernels, so I'd rather not downgrade to 2.6.16 if I can avoid it.

Thanks
jms