[Ardour-Users] How to set up mcu control surface in OSX?

Glarbl_Blarbl glarblblarbl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 12:36:49 PDT 2009

Thanks for the quick response!

I reverted the .rc file to its original state, but I got this error:
Sep  8 12:14:00 cabin [0x0-0xb80b8].org.ardour.Ardour2[1922]:
set_active to false because exception caught: The Mackie MCU driver
will not use a port with device=ardour

I remember this error from linux, and the solution was to specify the
midi port in the .rc file.  So I went back to my custom .rc and it
connects again.

As for reading the first time user's page, yes I did. There is nothing
on that page about the MIDI patchbay.  Regardless I downloaded it and
did as you suggested.  Now it works!

Maybe I was remembering syncing my midi sequencer for the MTC stuff...

Grant