[Ardour-Users] How to set up mcu control surface in OSX?

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 08:14:32 PDT 2009

Going off memory the Mac doesn't need anything edited in the .rc file IIRC.
The build and install I believe sets it up correctly, but I will have to
double check that sometime.  I don't remember editing anything the last
couple of times I did this anyways.  Yes I am aware you need to edit it on
Linux but the reason is that on Linux you ened to tell it to use the raw
port, not the alsa-seq port which causes issues.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Glarbl_Blarbl <glarblblarbl at gmail.com>wrote:

> The weird part is that even though it seems to recognize the control
> surface and map faders to mix channels, none of the faders move when I move
> them in the mix window (with or without feedback checked -- this works under
> linux) and I don't see any log activity when I move faders around on the
> mcu.  I tried Logic mode, MCU mode, and HUI mode all to no avail.

It sounds like you didn't read the part about using the MIDI Patchbay app on
the first time OS X user page.  You need to download the MIDI Patchbay app,
it can still be found on various points of the internet, and route from the
mcu port to the MIDI port and Back, then enable feedback.

> I have tried a bunch of different sync settings, but get errors when I try
> to "Send MTC" and sync mcu to MTC -- which is what I needed to do to make it
> work under linux.

Completely unrelated and should never be needed to get MCU working.

      Seablade