[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.4.1: control surface and rewind key

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Mon Oct 12 08:35:34 PDT 2009

Le Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:10:47 -0400,
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> a écrit :

Hi !

> ardour does not have forward and rewind buttons. it does have forward
> and rewind key bindings. there is therefore currently nothing to
> "bind" your controller buttons too, since MIDI (unlike OSC) cannot
> access arbitrary actions within Ardour.  we sort of expect MIDI
> control surfaces that feature transport control to use MMC (MIDI
> Machine Control) which was was specifically designed for this purpose.

OK.  This is a bit 'esoteric' so to speak since I always use with the
mouse the rewind and forward (my names - I call them like that) ardour
buttons at the top left, in the same row as play, record, etc...  So
since I assign the other buttons in the same row to the Axiom keyboard
buttons I figured these two would also be assigned in the very same way.

I'll see what the Axiom user manual has to say about MMC.

Thanks.