[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.4.1: control surface and rewind key

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Oct 12 06:10:47 PDT 2009

ardour does not have forward and rewind buttons. it does have forward
and rewind key bindings. there is therefore currently nothing to
"bind" your controller buttons too, since MIDI (unlike OSC) cannot
access arbitrary actions within Ardour.  we sort of expect MIDI
control surfaces that feature transport control to use MMC (MIDI
Machine Control) which was was specifically designed for this purpose.